Today’s podcast features Tami Simon’s interview with Alanis Morissette, recorded live at the 2013 Emerging Women Live conference in Boulder, Colorado.
Alanis Morissette is a Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter, guitarist, record producer and actress who has sold more than 60 million albums worldwide. Alanis was honored with the EMA Missions in Music Award for her efforts in speaking out against drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Alanis Morissette has been acting on her strong beliefs for years—and encourages her fans and listeners to do the same.
Tami Simon is the founder of Sounds True, a multimedia publishing company dedicated to disseminating spiritual wisdom. Based in Boulder, Colorado, Sounds True has published more than 800 audio, video, music, and book titles along with online courses and events. A two-time winner of the Inc 500 award as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in America, Sounds True is widely recognized as a pioneer in providing life-changing, practical tools that accelerate spiritual awakening and personal transformation.
In today’s episode Tami spoke with Alanis about:
- The balance between Yin and Yang and how this shows up in relationship
- What that would look like to put the Sacred Feminine in the center of the music industry
- Listening as an art, and not letting fear stop us from doing what we want to do
- How Alanis uses the ‘nuggets of terror’ in her journal as seeds for her creative process
- Alanis’s work with Relationship First and her love of talking with people who are ceiling-less
- And finally, how she sees the Feminine Movement moving towards Sacred Union
Read More »
Today my guests are Christine Arylo and Kris Carlson.
Christine Arylo is a transformational teacher, internationally recognized speaker and best-selling author of the official self-love guidebook, Madly in Love with ME: the Daring Adventure to Becoming Your Own Best Friend. After earning her MBA from Kellogg and climbing the corporate ladder for fifteen years, she chose to devote her life to creating a new reality for women and girls, one based on self-love, freedom and feminine power instead of the relentless pursuit of having to do, be and have it all.
Kris Carlson is an international bestselling author and a leading expert on love, success, grief, happiness, and parenting. She’s the NY Times bestselling author and co-author of Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff, Heartbroken Open and An Hour to Live, An Hour to Love. Kris has sold over 25 million copies of her books, and has been featured on national radio and television broadcasts, including The Today Show, Empowered Living Radio, The View, and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
In today’s episode, Christine, Kris and I spoke about:
- Cultivating the feminine superpower of receiving
- How to come from a place of openness, rather than a place of knowing and drive
- Flexing your trust muscles and how to build trust over time
- The importance of strengthening the nervous system
- and finally, both Christine and Kris offer key practices for becoming more embodied
Read More »
Today my guest is Meggan Watterson. Meggan Watterson is a spiritual mentor, speaker, and scholar of the Divine Feminine who inspires women to live from the audacity and authenticity of the voice of their soul.
She is the author of REVEAL: A Sacred Manual For Getting Spiritually Naked. She facilitates the REDLADIES, a spiritual community that encourages women to reclaim their bodies as sacred and to be led by the soul-voice inside them. Meggan will be a featured presenter at the May 22, 2014 Power Party in New York City.
In today’s episode, Meggan and I spoke about:
- What she means by getting “Spiritually Naked”
- Acknowledging the shadow-side of our truth just as much as the light
- Connecting with the Soul Voice and how to make this a regular part of our lives
- The current Feminine Spiritual Revolution we are in and acknowledging the feminine
Read More »
This episode’s guest is Nancy Levin. For over a decade, Nancy has served as the Event Director at Hay House, producing and hosting conferences focusing on personal growth, health, and spirituality.
She is also a certified Integrative Coach through The Ford Institute For Transformational Training, and the author of a new book called: Jump… and Your Life Will Appear. In Jump Nancy gives a step-by-step guide to clearing the path ahead so you can let go and make the change you need the most. Through a series of effective exercises, Nancy walks the reader through their fear, ushers them up to the moment of jumping, and helps navigate what awaits on the other side.
Read More »
This episode’s guest is Danielle LaPorte. Danielle LaPorte is the outspoken author of The Desire Map, The Fire Starter Sessions, and co-creator of Your Big Beautiful Book Plan.
An inspirational speaker, former think tank executive and business strategist, she writes weekly at DanielleLaPorte.com, where over a million visitors have gone for her straight-up advice — a site that’s been deemed “the best place on-line for kick-ass spirituality,” and was named one of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” by Forbes. Danielle is a featured presenter at the 2014 Emerging Women Live Conference in New York City.
“You have to want what you want with all your heart… but don’t be attached to how it shows up.”
Read More »